Our traditional film festival will be at the core of the event, both Saturday and Sunday night, but this year we will be offering camping, clinics, guest speakers, community meetups, food, and so much more between October 7-10, Indigenous People’s Weekend.
Tickets are on-sale now – please note we will have a limited amount of camping/festival tickets so reserve yours as soon as possible!
Tickets are available in 5 tiers:
- Tier 1 – Camping, Full Festival + Film Fest – All Days
- Tier 2 – Festival & Films – All Days
- Tier 3 – Films Only – Saturday & Sunday
- Tier 4 – Films Only – Saturday
- Tier 5 – Films Only – Sunday
While on the ticketing site, scroll down for the list of Add-ons – to sign up for clinics and tours of the northern ridge climbing areas.
Camping: We will be offering 3 nights of camping beginning Friday 10/7, but it’s limited to only 200 slots! The camping is on the beautiful fields of the Stone Mountain Farm.
Clinics are available to register for when you purchase your tier 1 or tier 2 festival access tickets. Some clinics are free, while others will require an additional fee to attend. Here’s a list of the clinics being offered – check the list for any new ones being offered.
- Sky Top Rock Climbing – by Alpine Endeavors
- Multi-Pitch Transition and Rescue Skills – by Alpine Endeavors
- Introduction to Lead Climbing – 2 Day Clinic – by Alpine Endeavors
- Introduction to Rock Climbing – by Alpine Endeavors
- Intermediate Rock Climbing Skills – by Alpine Endeavors (sold out)
- Yoga for Climbers – by Laura Stemmler Obringer
- Strong Partnerships: Patterns for Success – by Dustin Portzline
- Rappelling Set Up, Strategies and Problem Solving (women specific event) – by Anyssa Lucena (sold out)
- How To Be a Good Second: Getting Started – by Richard Goldstone
- Emergency First Response with a Mohonk Ranger – by Andrew Bajardi and Dan Cassidy
- All Levels Yoga for Climbers – by Hannah Fox
- Passive Gear Placement – by Rich Romano (sold out)
- Slackline with Mel – by Melissa (Mel) Batson
- Rehab/PT and Injury Prevention for Climbers – by Dr. Miguel Zevallos
Climbing Areas: Working with local landowners and the Mohonk Preserve we will be offering tours of new and established bouldering areas on the northern ridge. The northern ridge offers a few bouldering and single pitch areas, which will be accessible directly from the festival grounds through guided tours to help control impact in these remote areas. Tours are only available to tier 1 and tier 2 full festival access ticketholders.
- On the ticketing site, sign up for tours of the Grotto and Waterworks for roped climbing or bouldering – pick your day with morning or afternoon tours.
Films: The Gunks Climbing Film Festival has been expanded to two nights! Both nights are included in a full festival ticket. You can also purchase tickets to just the films for either Saturday, Sunday or both nights.
- Saturday’s lineup of films:
- Only Now (Adirondacks)
- Finding Hetch Hetchy (Big Wall)
- Top of the Line (Trad)
- Equality Begins at the First Bolt (JEDI)
Legacy on the Muir (Yosemite)
- Dhaulagiri (Himalaya)
- Sunday’s lineup of films:
- Inner Mounting Flame (Bouldering)
- Pushing the Limit with Adam Ondra (Feature)
Volunteers Needed! Have a background in/passion for event planning? Are you the “organized” one in the group? Got lots of local contacts? We’re looking for a host of volunteers for the event this year, who will be compensated with free festival passes. Email email@example.com for more details!
Vendors: If you have an interest in vending please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Food: Campers are welcome to be self-sufficient, but as usual the Rail Trail Cafe will be open for service and we are also inviting the Baba Love plant-based food truck back this year. For breakfast we will have the local and delicious Rabble Rise donuts on hand.
- No animals allowed at any time.
- Event is rain or shine
- Children under 12 are free
- If you are not feeling well, have had a recent COVID exposure, or a recent positive test please stay home.
- If you are unable attend due to testing positive for COVID you will be issued a refund.
- See the full schedule of weekend events
The GCC is so stoked to be able to host this festival for the climbing community. See you there!