The Gunks Climbers’ Coalition is in need of a new Treasurer. Ethan Ladof has graciously covered for us as interim treasurer while we search for a replacement. If you can help out and meet our requirements, please contact us and let us know about yourself. The GCC Board of Directors will review, nominate and vote on candidates for Treasurer.
- Manage the GCC budget.
- Provide status at monthly meetings.
- Review expense requests and issue checks for payment.
- Record keeping of any money related transactions and statements.
- Manage our Paypal account and bank account.
- Monitor our post office box for new mail.
- Manage our GCC credit card and send payments on time.
- Manage our Square credit card readers.
- Monitor our accounts for any suspicious activity or unauthorized spending.
- Send receipts and thank you notes to donors.
- Prepare or provide records to a tax preparation service for annual income taxes.
- As a board member of the GCC, provide input, volunteer to help at events, and vote on resolutions, spending requests, board nominations and other issues.
- Man the entry table at GCC events that require admission. Responsible for cash box at events. Track sources of income (e.g., membership, raffle tickets), and deposit at bank.
- Assemble GCC/Access Fund membership forms and payments at GCC events and send to the Access Fund for processing.
- Provide records and training to new treasurer if you step down from the post.
- Reliable, dependable and trustworthy.
- Good record keeping, online and with paper documents.
- Able to attend monthly GCC Meetings (2 hours, in-person or video chat if not local).
Preferred Candidates will:
- Have bookkeeping or accounting experience.
- Have good communication skills and work well in a team.
- Live near Gardiner, NY so they can check our Post Office mailbox regularly, do banking errands, and write checks for expenses.