The Gunks Climbers’ Coalition is a Section 501(c)(3) non-profit organization run entirely by volunteers. There are many ways you can help:
- Join the GCC Board of Directors
- Help shape the future of the GCC, define our priorities, develop strategies and work on major projects to fulfill our mission and help the climbing community.
- Requires a commitment to attend monthly meetings and contribute your time to our various projects.
- Head a committee
- Don’t have time to commit to being a board member? Do you have a special skill or a particular project you’d like to work on? Is there something you’re passionate about that you could contribute your time working on? Do you have a social or business network that would have resources that could help our mission? Whether it’s coordinating an event, organizing an education initiative, spearheading a fundraising campaign or helping us do the GCC income taxes, we welcome your ideas and your energy.
- Volunteer at our annual Adopt-A-Crag events, usually involving trail maintenance, invasive weed pulling, and/or cliff cleanups.
- GCC Events
- Help out planning or during our GCC events, such as slide shows and the members-only BBQ. Help show cars where to park, man the BBQ grill, set up and clean up, or even drive tables and BBQ grills in your pickup truck to the venue.
- Specialized Skills
- Sometimes we need specialized skillsets for particular projects. Such tasks may require a lawyer, a surveyor, a biologist, plant specialist, photographer, accountant, web developer. Let us know what you can offer so we can reach out when we need help.
- Action Campaigns
- Help get the word out for action campaigns. Man tables at events, distribute flyers, post in discussion groups.
These are only a sample of things you can do to help. Use our Contact Form to let us know you want to help or come to our monthly meetings.