About the GCC
The Gunks Climbers Coalition is an advocacy group dedicated to creating
and maintaining sustainable opportunities for responsible climbing
along the Shawangunk Ridge and surrounding areas.
The Shawangunk Ridge and surrounding lands are a beautiful and majestic
area noted for striking landscapes, distant views and world-class
climbing. The remarkable legacy of the Shawangunks, one of the oldest
and most distinguished climbing areas in the United States, is shared
with visitors from the world over, who enjoy its unique climbing
opportunities as well as its natural and scenic setting. We seek
to balance expansion of climbing opportunities with respect for
the unique ecosystems of the ridge.
Our Statement of Values:
- The long-term benefits for those who live near or visit the Shawangunks.
- A sustainable healthy climbing resource.
- Participating in networks, partnerships, and communities with related interests in order to meet our common goals.
- Grassroots support from a diverse climbing community.
- Our contribution to local communities.
- An educational approach to resolving issues.
The Gunks Climbers' Coalition is an official affiliate of
The Access Fund.
Click here for the Gunks Climbers' Coalition Board of Directors.
We welcome all volunteers who would like to participate.
How to contact us:
Gunks Climbers Coalition - PO Box 325 - Gardiner, NY 12525